El informe sobre el respaldo de centros de datos o datacentres y softare de restauración se realizó por parte de los analistas de Gartner: Dave Russell, Pushan Rinnen y Robert Rhame.
Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software (by Gartner)
Los resultados del estudio Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software (by Gartner) clasifican a las empresas del sector en los siguientes 4 apartados:
LEADERS: Commvault, IBM, Veritas Technologies, EMC, Veeam
CHALLENGERS: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
NICHE PLAYERS: Arcserve, Unitrends
Indicar cuáles fueron las suposiciones estratégicas de planificación para realizar el estudio:
- By 2020, 30% of organizations will leverage backup for more than just operational recovery (e.g., disaster recovery, test/development, DevOps, etc.), up from less than 10% at the beginning of 2016.
- By 2020, over 40% of organizations will supplant long-term backup with archiving systems — up from 20% in 2015. By 2020, 10% of storage systems will be self-protecting, obviating the need for backup applications, up from less than 2% today.
- By 2019, 30% of midsize organizations will leverage public cloud IaaS for backup, up from 5% today. By 2018, 70% of business and application owners will have more self-service control over their data protection services, up from 30% today.
- By 2018, 50% of organizations will augment with additional products or replace their current backup application with another solution, compared to what they deployed at the beginning of 2015.
- By 2018, more than 50% of enterprise storage customers will consider bids from storage vendors that have been in business for less than five years, up from less than 30% today.
- By 2018, the number of enterprises using the cloud as a backup destination will double, up from 11% at the beginning of 2016.
Para más información: